Certainly one of the core figures in the instrumental scene of Bulgaria, Bojidar Vasilev AKA TromBobby combines his long-time passion, the trombone, with peculiar beats and excels when it comes to creating none-linear sonic experiences inspired by artists like ?uestlove, J Dilla, D’Angelo, Erykah Badu, and Kendrick Lamar.
TromBobby grew up in Sofia, entangled in jazz by his parents at a young age. In his early years, Bobby suffered an ear trauma that concerned his parents and endangered his hearing.
He discovered his love for beat making while studying jazz trombone at Conservatorium van Amsterdam (while listening to J Dilla’s “Fall In Love” on repeat) which opened the door to the young artist and served as a trampoline toward his later growth as a musician.
TromBobby has played with and produced for a number of musicians from both the local and international music scenes. He’s shared stages with artists like Hooverphonic, Silas Short, and Roosevelt Collier.
- Featured on Apple Music’s BEATstrumentals, Spotify’s ORBIT editorial, and TIDAL’s Rising Deutschland, Grooves: Deutscher R&B
- Winner of The Kount Challenge 2021
- "LONGING" radio play by Amazing Radio (US), SoulTracks (USA), El Rocanrosaurio (MX), Radio Krimi (FR), Bulgarian National Radio (BG), Radio Nova 98.9 (PT), Rádio Armazém (BR)
- Radio play on BBC Radio 1 (Sian Eleri) for "Carefree"
- Nominated for Forbes 30 under 30 Bulgaria
- 2.1M Streams across all streaming platforms
- Added to 8.7k+ independent playlists on Spotify
- His music (with DAYO) was used by Will Smith on his official YT channel
- Performed live on Bulgarian National TV
- Interview for RCRDLBL, feature on EarMilk, SoulTracks, The World Is Bond, FLEX, Italmassive, album review on TwistedSoul
- #6 on hypem Popular Charts (“BOX OF CHOCOLATES”)