“The concept of the PAUSE series is to make space, so that different elements can shine brighter. You should apply it in life too. Make room for others. Lighting a second candle won’t take the firsts one’s brightness. It’ll just brighten your perspective.”
[ Key Achievements ]
- featured on Apple Music’s BEATstrumentals
- featured on Spotify’s ORBIT editorial
- featured on TIDAL’s Rising Deutschland, Grooves: Deutscher R&B, New Music Poland and Bulgaria editorials
- winner of The Kount Challenge 2021
- “LONGING” radio play by Amazing Radio (US), SoulTracks (USA), El Rocanrosaurio (MX), Radio Krimi (FR), Bulgarian National Radio (BG), Radio Nova 98.9 (PT), Rádio Armazém (BR)
- nominated for Forbes 30 under 30 Bulgaria
- 1.6M Streams across all streaming platforms
- supported by independent curators like College Music, Ryan Celsius, Hip Dozer, Delicieuse Misique, Kraak & Smaak, and BLNDR, GenDirect (400k followers on TikTok)
- added to 3.7k+ independent playlists on Spotify
- his music (with DAYO) got used by Will Smith on his official YT channel
- performed live on Bulgarian National TV
- Interview for RCRDLBL, feature on EarMilk, SoulTracks, The World Is Bond, FLEX, Italmassive, album review on TwistedSoul
- #6 on hypem Popular Charts (“BOX OF CHOCOLATES”)
[ Praise ]
- “The soundscape by TromBobby is a mix of jazz, neo-soul, lofi with some hip-hop bounce. The producer’s multi-layered soundscape is built on lush textures, crisp piano progressions, airy horns, and rousing drum grooves to match TromBobby’s sublime melodic performance.” – Earmilk
- “While so much of TromBobby’s music to date has thrived on the spirit of collaboration, much of the EP’s six offerings are representative of his skill as a one-man band with many of the tracks crediting Vasilev as responsible for the music, arrangement, production, writing as well as an array of instrumentation throughout.” – TwistedSoul
[ PAUSE VOL.1 Credits ]
“TONY’S LAMENT” – music & arrangement by Trombobby & Jermaine Holmes, lyrics by Jermaine Holmes , all instruments – Trombobby
“BOX OF CHOCOLATES” – music, lyrics & arrangement by Trombobby & Evden Dimitrov , flute – Arnau Garrofé , drums – Rado Kazasov, guitar – Peyotoff , bass – Evden Dimitrov , piano & vocals – Trombobby
“PAUSE” – music, arrangement & all instruments – Trombobby
“LONGING” – music & arrangement by Trombobby & Jermaine Holmes, lyrics by Jermaine Holmes , drums – Rado Kazasov, all other instruments – Trombobby
“POEM OF THE LAST TAZARS” – music & arrangement by Trombobby , flute – Arnau Garrofe , all other instruments – Trombobby
“SUNDAY” – music, arrangement & lyrics by Trombobby , all instruments & vocals – Trombobby
Mixed & Mastered by Hristo Rachev / Sound Ninja
Art by Mihaela Karadjova
© Copyright 2022 Stereofox
℗ Copyright 2022 Stereofox
TromBobby – PAUSE VOL.1
[ Release Schedule / Milestones ]
Mar 22nd – “LONGING” ft Jermaine Holmes (single release)
Apr 7th – “BOX OF CHOCOLATES” ft Edinstvenite Priyateli (single release)
Apr 15th – vinyl announcement
Apr 21st – PAUSE VOL.1 release
[ Genres ]
soul, instrumental hip hop, r&b, jazz, funk
[ Similar Artists ]
J Dilla, D’angelo, Erykah Badu, The Roots, Anderson .Paak
[ Artist Bio ]
Certainly one of the core figures in the beat scene of Sofia, Bulgaria, Bojidar Vasilev – Trombobby combines his long-time passion, the trombone, with peculiar beats for a truly contemporary sound. Studied jazz trombone at Conservatorium van Amsterdam, he’s also part of acts like SOUTHWICK, DAYO, and Android Ethics. Trombobby has played with and produced for numerous musicians in Bulgaria’s thriving soul, r&b, and instrumental hip hop scenes and also teaches music production at Sound Ninja Music Academy.
Born in New Brunswick, New Jersey, TromBobby’s collaborator on Pause vol 1 – Jermaine Holmes began embarking on his musical career at the age of four as a member of his grandfather’s choir of Mount Calvary Baptist church. Jermaine performs as lead singer for Pete Rock and The Soul Brothers, and appears alongside artists like Nicole Bus, Keyon Harrold and many others on albums and stages around the world. Previously he had become an active member of the group The Vanguard since 2012 with popular R&B/Soul artist D’Angelo.
[ Release Info ]
4 years ago Bojidar Vasilev embarked on a journey that’s both solo and packed with friendships. Indebted to Dilla, Knxwledge, and a whole galaxy of influential beat makers, the the fresh-out-of-Amsterdam-studies musician released his debut album Run.
With more than 100k streams on all major DSPs, the world saw TromBobby solidifying his place in the production scene and another example for the rise of the producers as lead artists. While he was already a household name in the Bulgarian r&b / soul and instrumental scene, it was Run that put TromBobby on the path of self-discovery and growth as a musician.
TromBobby’s new approach is a juxtaposition to the Forest Gump inspiration behind Run (2018) and while running did save Forest before, this new record channels his last 4 years of experience and learnings into a more laid-back and grounded destination.
On his new EP, PAUSE VOL.1, Bojidar, now 27, expands his attitude to beat music with neo-soul, jazz and r&b elements, going beyond sampling and with focus on live instrumentation and vocals as a production element. All that designed to create complex multi-layered music with vast emotional horizons. The take-everything-from-life-and-don’t-stop-for-a-second energy is now transformed. Still there, but somehow matured due to the realization that you really need to focus on certain things in order to achieve your goals.
It is that focus that translated into TromBobby’s ever-growing desire to play more and more instruments. Something that’s not only evident in the album’s artwork and credits, but when experiencing his music live.
On the new record TromBobby manifests the 4 years of exploration and love for collaboration with friends and same-energy people. That leads him to crossing paths with Jermaine Holmes who is an active member of the group The Vanguard since 2012 with artist D’Angelo. Their 2 collaborative tracks “LONGING” and “TONY’S LAMENT” don’t only cross borders, but genres and sensations.
A big leap forward to TromBobby is utilizing his singing abilities on “BOX OF CHOCOLATES” and “SUNDAY”. Being fearless is that Run energy that translates into PAUSE VOL.1 and what’s going to carry on in VOL.2.