An internationally renowned finger drummer with a BA (Hons) in Sound Arts and Design from the University of the Arts London, Gnarly is a proactive artist and a multi-faceted talent. The British-Sri Lankan finger drummer, music producer, live performer, content creator, and educator keeps on gaining the attention not only of fans and notable collaborators, but also music tech brands and music organisations.
Besides creating genre-bending future beats and DJ sets, performing highly skilled and captivating live shows and leading finger-drumming workshops, you can find her appearing on panels and radio shows to discuss online marketing, self-promotion, music production, and finger drumming techniques. Currently, together with spoken word artist Nikita Gill, she is part of a live act, which combines the modern world of music tech and mythological stories told through the lens of South Asian women.
She is also part of the first season of Stereofox’s Beat Queens compilation with her track “Cosmos Alley”, which received a placement on Spotify’s lofi beats.
All of that demonstrates Gnarly’s passion for music and art, together with her professionalism, the combination of which has proven to be a solid ground for success.
- Featured on a number of Spotify editorials like lofi beats, Jazz Vibes, and Chillout Lounge
- Support on Apple’s BEATstrumentals
- 3M+ streams on all DSPs combined
- Brand partnerships with Native Instruments, Akai Professional, Melodics, Bandlab, Slate Digital, AIAIAI, Rhythmo, Artiphon, Redbull Music, ROLI/LUMI, Pioneer DJ, Spitfire Audio, She Knows Tech, Reverb
- Has been the Lead Mix & Mastering Engineer for the UK Beatbox Championships post-production since 2015 and worked with World Champions The Beatbox Collective on sync projects featured on national TV
- Performed at notable events such as Glastonbury 2022, Dialled In Festival (with Anoushka Shankar) 2022, Sample Music Festival at MusikMesse in Frankfurt 2022, Citadel Festival 2018, Lovebox Festival 2018, Music Producer Convention in Paris 2019, Glastonbury Rumshack online 2020, Audius Festival Online 2020, Southbank Centre and Elbphilharmonie with Nikita Gill 2021
- Part of SHE – the first all-female rap songwriting camp in Berlin
- Winner of the first edition of Beat Masters at Red Bull UK with dancer Omni
- Featured on 3 all-female instrumental compilations ( Beat Queens, Nuthin’ But A She Thang 2, Salad Girls) with an upcoming release as part of All Things Considered Vol 2 compilation, released on Ta-Ku’s label 823 and Butter Goods