Elijah Nang is a London-based experimental electronic artist who also describes himself as an audio novelist. In his music, you will find a frequent homage to East Asian culture, and his sound crafts a new niche in the jazz / lofi hop-hop genre, a mixture of electronica with Japanese influences, something he often refers to as japtronica.
2022 saw Elijah teaming up with the Stereofox family for the release of his highly acclaimed Gaijin 3000 record. The release included a sold-out vinyl campaign and sleek clothing drop to further enhance the listener’s experience.
- Featured on lofi beats, Lo-Fi Cafe, lofi + chill, Chill Beats, lush lofi (Spotify editorials)
- Featured on BEATstrumentals, Bedtime Beats, New in Electronic, Lofi Japan (Apple Music editorials)
- Featured on snooze lofi (Deezer editorial)
- Featured on In The Loop (TIDAL editorial)
- Featured on bandcamp’s homepage New and Notable (for Gaijin 3000)
- Sold-out vinyl campaign for Gaijin 3000 via Stereofox Records (in partnership with Bandcamp)
- Radio support confirmed by Jay Carder (SOHO Radio London/New York), Georgie Rogers (BBC Radio 6 / SOHO Radio)
- Written feature support by The New Lofi, XLR8R, Magnetic Mag, The Playground