EVDN. is a jazz bassist and experimental electronic musician from Bulgaria. He picked his first bass guitar at the age of 16 and that’s when the concept of EVDN. was actually born. Just like the music he’s creating, his journey feels cosmic, and both guiding and non-directional at the same time.
The emergence of EVDN. (real name Evden Dimitrov) is the product of countless hours playing with and for other people. Leaving bits and pieces of his creativity and inspirations behind in those recordings had been the necessary step before his output had become strong and conceptual enough to materialise into his own sound.
During his time at the Musical Academy in Sofia and Vienna EVDN. met some of his closest people both on stage and in real life. Artists like Preyah, TromBobby, Peyotoff and Rado Kazasov who together with Evden are at the forefront of the growth in the local music scene. Characterised by his irrepressible energy and genuine devotion to music’s greater good has, Evden had quickly become a recognizable name and all of that led him to sharing stage with a substantial list of Bulgaria’s most notable acts including Lubo Kirov, Maria Ilieva, and Kan Wakan.
Driven by his dream to compose music for movies and inspired by a set of artists ranging from Duke Ellington and Hans Zimmer to Bonobo, Thundercat, Trent Reznor and Junkie XL, the foundation of EVDN. is perfectly timed and represents the birth of a truly unique sonic experience.
[ Key Achievements ]
- featured on CLASH Magazine, chill.co & Wordplay Mag (UK)
- EVDN. played on BBC Radio 1, KCRW Radio, & Rinse.FM
- “WARRIOR” featured on Spotify’s All New Jazz and Fresh Finds: Jazz editorial playlists
- featured on Apple Music’s BEATstrumentals
- 500k+ streams across DSPs
- featured on 1.8k+ independent playlists & 700 Shazams worldwide
- debut single “ANCESTORS” – #4 on hypem Popular Chart, “WARRIOR” #2
- his music (with DAYO) got used by Will Smith on his official YT channel
- studied bass at Musical Academy in Sofia and the University of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna
- performed live on Bulgarian National TV with some of the most prominent artists in the scene