Melbourne-based Dutch musician Stan Forebee creates beats by blending hip-hop, classical music, and jazz with electronic influences, with a focus on complex chord progressions and colourful melodies.
Born in The Netherlands as Bastiaan van der Vlist, music has always been at the center of his life. His first piano teacher was his father at 3 years old; a strong foundation on which he later developed a passion for jazz & hip hop around his teen years. Stan started making beats inspired by J Dilla & Flying Lotus, Bill Evans & Erroll Garner.
- Worked on projects with Marvel / Disney, MTV, The Verge, BBC & NPR Radio & more
- 100M+ streams аcross DSPs
- 18K followers on Spotify and 50+ editorials support including lofi beats, Jazz Vibes & Mellow Beats
- Featured on Apple Music’s BEATstrumentals, Morning Focus, LoFi Chill, Sleepy & more
- Toured across Europe & leading name in Melbourne’s thriving lofi scene
- Supported by 520K independent playlists
- Collaborations with Oatmello, Cloudchord, ØDYSSEE, Kennebec, Axian, Inf, Kyle McEvoy & more