With a total of over 130M streams across the board and a long touring schedule, Belgian producer and DJ Poldoore’s music has always appealed to a broad demographic around the world. Through the meticulous use of his home studio full of analog curiosities, while also relying on sampling and chopping up live instrument recordings, Poldoore has over the years developed a unique sound that seamlessly bridges numerous musical styles and eras, and draws the listener into a constantly moving auditive soundscape.
After the 2014 release of his sophomore album, The Day Off, Poldoore scaled up his ambitions. Acclaimed by the likes of Noisey (music by VICE), Majestic Casual and Creation 5 by Bang&Olufsen Poldoore started clocking up fans and commenced his first live tour, playing major festivals across Europe such as Dour Festival, Tomorrowland, and Gilles Peterson’s Worldwide Festival. Later that year his work was rewarded with a nomination in the Album Of The Year, Artist Of The Year, and Breakthrough Artist Of The Year categories at the Red Bull Elektropedia Awards. His jazzy take on the Fugees’ classic track Fu-Gee-La eventually won the #2 spot in the Remix Of The Year section and was shortly after voted as the #8 Best Belgian Remix Ever.
As someone who has always been wary of the hyper-connectivity and demand for extraversion that defines the contemporary music world, Poldoore spent most of his days fine-tuning his production skills in his home Leuven after the release of his The Day After LP in 2016, but he quickly outgrew his “bedroom producer” moniker as he began to establish himself as a skilled artist. This led him to not only do remix work for household names such as Emancipator, Wax Tailor, Talib Kweli, Selah Sue, and Hermitude, but also attracted the attention of Sony who commissioned him to compose the soundtrack for the worldwide ad campaign of their Sony Xperia smartphone.
- featured on Noisy, Rolling Stone, EDMtunes, Indie Shuffle, Majestic Casual, ThisSongIsSick
- More than 70M streams on DSPs
- Featured on 30+ editorial playlists by Spotify, Apple Music & Deezer
- synchronization deals with brands including Sony, Mob Kitchen, Samsung, Pioneer, Food Steez, BX Brussels by Vincent Kompany and VRT.
- nominated at the Red Bull Elektropedia Awards in the Artist Of The Year, Breakthrough Artist Of The Year and Album Of The Year categories in 2014
- Performed live in more than 15 countries around the world – USA, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, UK, France, etc.