“Remedy is a dystopian rnb track with a universal message for us from the divine to heal ourselves and come correct.”
[ Key Achievements ]
- Over 2 million views of the VICE documentary
- Forbes’ “100 Women Founders In Europe To Follow” (CEO of Gaysians.org)
- TEDx London Curator, Speaker and Performer
- Gay Times cover star and Contributing Editor changing the media landscape
- Face of global H&M Pride Campaign 22 and Body Shop global campaign Winter 21/22
- Previously featured in Clash, GQ, gal-dem and playlisted by BBC
- Works with Burberry, Dr Marten’s and other leading brands
- “Remedy” was played at the Dr Marten’s ‘Music, Pride & Protest’ panel that Reeta spoke at this Pride month
- Has been Sponsored by Converse for release and tour
- Released on BBE’s “Exit Music: Songs for Radioheads” alongside Meshell Ndegeocello, Sia, Cinematic Orchestra, Matthew Herbert and Mark Ronson
- Currently on Channel 4’s “Where have all the lesbians gone”
[ Praise ]
- “The queer British Indian artist crafting sounds to help you heal” – gal-dem
- “Beguiling, beautiful and life-changing” – Bobby Friction, BBC
- “A vital queer voice in music” – Gay Times
- “Activist, Music Artist and Writer Reeta Loi is a triple threat” – Bustle
Reeta Loi – Remedy
[ Genres ]
trip-hop, r&b, spoken-word
[ Similar Artists ]
FKA Twigs, Massive Attack, Portishead, Meshell Ndegeocello
[ Artist Bio ]
Reeta Loi is a powerful storyteller with a universal message. A singer, producer and spoken word artist with a reputation for disrupting the status quo. Whether as the Forbes100 Founder CEO of global movement Gaysians, or fighting for legislation change in India, or uncovering and shutting down a gay marriage scam in her VICE documentary, shifting the media landscape at Gay Times and taking the stage at TEDxLondon and festival stages around the world including Mumbai Pride. Reeta is clearly on a mission to be the remedy the world needs and her work inspires us to do the same.
Reeta has been singing, writing, and performing since childhood. She was a spoken word artist and jazz singer in Brixton’s thriving scene in the early 2000s. She then went on to tour Internationally and has been released alongside Sia, Mark Ronson, Matthew Herbert and Cinematic Orchestra. She has been DJing for many years and a producer for seven years. Her 2018 EP release ‘Ek’ was released to critical acclaim and her work is known to transcend gender boundaries and explores identity through sound, especially the voice as a British Indian artist.
Reeta’s album is due for release in 2022 and combines the force of her storytelling, singing and production talent to bring us something truly unique and transformative.
More info on her official website: https://www.reetaloi.com/
[ Behind the concept ]
I wrote Remedy in LA on the night before the very first lockdown in 2020. The world has changed since then but the words I recorded that night feel more relevant than ever. I finished the track in my London studio and it brought me back to production and developing my sound into something with more form and structure than my previous more experimental work in my 2018 EP ‘Ek’.
I’ve been on a journey to find my voice and message as a queer Indian woman and my time in Kerala, India a few years ago helped me land back in my voice, singing and playing acoustic instruments again after some years focused on production. Remedy is a unification of my message, my singing and my production and is the track I am most proud of so far. To be able to bring all these parts of myself together and share them in this way feels very special and has been a lifetime’s work.
[ Marketing Plan ]
» share on Stereofox – website (40k visitors monthly), playlists on all DSPs, social media, Discord with almost 1000 members, email marketing, social media activities, digital ad campaigns on Instagram and Facebook
» radio plugging campaign – previous features on SBS Australia, SiriusXM Chill, BBC Radio, Radio Nova (PT), Amazing Radio (USA), Bulgarian National Radio
» Confirmed feature on GayTimes
» PR support from Daytimers network
» Supported in > 8K Independent Playlist Curators
» paid SubmitHub / Playlist Push Campaigns
» marketing support by DashGo / Downtown