“What We Seek is a tale of going through the motions. The feelings of wanting something, having it and letting it go.”
[ Key Achievements ]
- Featured on a number of editorial playlists: Spotify’s lofi beats, Jazz Vibes, Chillout Lounge, Midnight Chill , 都会の空を見上げると聴こえてくる音楽 , Apple’s BEATstrumentals and more;
- 2M+ streams on all DSPs combined;
- Music licensed to Bandai Namco with Jim Vision, Logitech with Jim Vision, Lyrix Organix, Cloak;
- Brand partnerships with Native Instruments, Akai Professional, Melodics, Bandlab, Slate Digital, AIAIAI, Rhythmo, Artiphon, Redbull Music, ROLI/LUMI, Pioneer DJ, Spitfire Audio, She Knows Tech, Reverb;
- has been the Lead Mix & Mastering Engineer for the UK Beatbox Championships post-production since 2015 and worked with World Champions The Beatbox Collective on sync projects featured on national TV;
- Performed at notable events such as Glastonbury 2022, Dialled In Festival (with Anoushka Shankar) 2022, Sample Music Festival at MusikMesse in Frankfurt 2022, Citadel Festival 2018, Lovebox Festival 2018, Music Producer Convention in Paris 2019, Glastonbury Rumshack online 2020, Audius Festival Online 2020, Southbank Centre and Elbphilharmonie with Nikita Gill 2021
- Part of SHE – the first all-female rap songwriting camp in Berlin;
- Performing a live sound environment for Reeta Loi’s TEDx talk “Why your Weakness is your SuperPower” in London (2022)
- Winner of the first edition of Beat Masters at Red Bull UK with dancer Omni;
- Featured on 3 all-female instrumental compilations ( Beat Queens, Nuthin’ But A She Thang 2, Salad Girls) with an upcoming release as part of All Things Considered Vol 2 compilation, released on Ta-Ku’s label 823 and Butter Goods;
Gnarly – What We Seek EP
[ Genres ]
Instrumental hiphop, chillhop
[ Similar Artists ]
Swørn, Bad Snacks, chromonicci, Mondo Loops, Shrimpnose
[ Artist Bio ]
An internationally renowned finger drummer with a BA (Hons) in Sound Arts and Design from the University of the Arts London, Gnarly is a proactive artist and a multi-faceted talent. The British-Sri Lankan finger drummer, music producer, live performer, content creator, and educator keeps on gaining the attention not only of fans and notable collaborators, but also music tech brands and music organisations.
Besides creating genre-bending future beats and DJ sets, performing highly skilled and captivating live shows and leading finger-drumming workshops, you can find her appearing on panels and radio shows to discuss online marketing, self-promotion, music production, and finger drumming techniques. Currently, together with spoken word artist Nikita Gill, she is part of a live act, which combines the modern world of music tech and mythological stories told through the lens of South Asian women.
She is also part of the first season of Stereofox’s Beat Queens compilation with her track “Cosmos Alley”, which received a placement on Spotify’s lofi beats.
All of that demonstrates Gnarly’s passion for music and art, together with her professionalism, the combination of which has proven to be a solid ground for success.
[ Release Info ]
After her previous EP release with Stereofox, with the eponymous track “Blossom” also being featured on Spotify’s lofi beats, Gnarly is taking a new direction. While her previous project was dedicated to Spring, Gnarly’s new EP is coloured by the melancholic nuances of Autumn. Translating sweet sadness into a beautiful sonic canvas, the four tracks represent the emotional journey of longing for something, receiving/achieving it and then letting it go.
The first track from What We Seek is the ambient-inspired intro “Longing”, light and mood-setting, like a gentle scent of perfume, swirling around. With its subtle Asian flavour, it eludes the dreamy excitement of forming a wish and longing for something.
“Don’t You Feel It Too”, the second track from the project, encapsulates the overwhelming gravity force between one and the object of one’s desire and the slightly painful insecurity it creates.
With its touching melodicism, the third & focus track – “Here For Me”, celebrates in a rather nostalgic way what has already been received or accomplished. It’s a reminder that sometimes what matters more is the marathon itself and not the reward, with a new goal always rising on the horizon.
There’s a certain relief in not being controlled by an obsessive desire and “Au Revoir” captures exactly this state. The final track of the EP carries the feeling of closure and expresses the determination to move on from what once was both a dream and a burden.
[ Marketing Plan ]
» radio plugging campaign – previous features on DI.FM, Fluidnation, SBS Australia, SiriusXM Chill, BBC Radio, Radio Porto (PT), Amazing Radio (USA), Bulgarian National Radio
» share on Stereofox – website (40k visitors monthly), playlists on all DSPs, social media, Discord with almost 1000 members
» paid marketing campaign on IG stories / TikTok – digital budget
» possible giveaway with a brand for pushing the EP across social media
» tiktok marketing campaign & activities
» curators push – use our network collected after 9 years of blogging – websites and independent playlist curators
» paid SubmitHub / Playlist Push Campaigns
» marketing support by DashGo / Downtown
» email marketing to the Stereofox website community