“This EP is my attempt to connect with the nature around me. From my travels around the world all the way back to Japan, I’ve grown to love both electronic music and organic elements like playing the handpan drum. For the artwork, I worked closely with my friend RAICES, who reflected my vision perfectly. A blend between organic electronica, downtempo, dance and tribal elements. The perfect balance.”re os – REO MATSUMOTO
With a unique blend of deep tribal dance music, psychedelic elements, and the use of hand pans, beat boxes, and percussion, re is – REO MATSUMOTO’s Aquarius Age promises to take music lovers on a mind-bending and captivating journey.
The seamless fusion of his experiences and influences creates a one-of-a-kind experience that transcends traditional boundaries and immerses the audience in a truly psychedelic floating experience. For those who appreciate spacious electronic music, and tribal experiences and seek a truly transformative and unforgettable performance, this is an album not to be missed.
re os - REO MATSUMOTO
A professional beatmaker, handpan player and music director, Reo started his music journey with beatboxing, becoming Japan’s Beatbox Champion in 2011. He started releasing beats under the alias Re Os – Reo Matsumoto in 2021, sharing his own unique perspective on chillhop with vibrant, melodically rich compositions.
- Beatboxing champion of Japan in 2011
- 3M streams on all DSPs combined
- Music included in campaigns of renowned brands such as VANS, Converse, National Geographic
- Featured on Apple Music’s LoFi Japan, Worldwide Yoga, and New in Electronic
- Support on Spotify’s Midnight Chill editorial
- Interviewed and included in Roland’s article on the evolution of Japanese beat scene, together with names like Nujabes, Budamunk, Daedelus, and more
- Organizer of handpan players festival in Japan, Netherlands, France and Germany
- Founder of Good Fellas Tokyo – a collective specializing in organizing beat events in Japan