Fragments” is about a nostalgic feeling about my youth, where I go back without thinking of tomorrow. No computers, no phones. I guess it’s a feeling a lot of people long for every once in a while. I tried to describe this feeling in an easy-going musical piece. When I made the beat I felt like there was a piece missing and therefore I got to use the vocals of the talented Dutch soul singer Leonard Luka, who brought it all together.
The Signs EP contains the first couple of tracks I produced as Alexander IV. It’s inspired by a lot of nu-jazz and hip hop artists of today, like for example Edapollo and Moods, combined with my older love for artists such as Kruder & Dorfmeister. I tried to combine my love for hip hop drums with timeless vocal samples to give it a unique character. Most of the vocals samples come from friends like singer/songwriters Noah Avery and Leonard Luka.”Alexander IV
Established Dutch producer Joris Feiertag continues the exciting journey of his new hip hop moniker Alexander IV, after already being active under his electronica alias Feiertag and as the drummer of electronic funk & soul outfit Kraak & Smaak.
As Alexander IV, Joris goes back to his roots and uses the moniker to express his love for hip-hop, jazz, funk & soul. Working with his extended family of renowned musicians, plus using his background as a professional drummer he has recently locked himself in the studio, resulting in the first few projects under the new name.
The 4-piece Signs EP, including both previous Stereofox singles, showcases 2 more marvelous soul-inspired boom bap pieces – “Fragments” & “Signs”. Keeping his unique, vintage-inspired style, in this project Joris takes us on a sweet trip down memory lane.
Alexander IV is the instrumental hip-hop moniker of established electronic producer Feiertag. Recording and performing since 2015, his sound can be described as electronic yet warm, and with a preference for innovative syncopated rhythms combined with fragments of instruments such as the harp and kalimba.
- Joris Feiertag is the live drummer of Kraak & Smaak
- Supported on Apple's BEATstrumentals, The Lounge, Study Beats, Sunkissed, Crate Junkie & more
- Editorials on Spotify like lofi beats, Chillhop, Poolside Grooves, Gold Instrumental Beats & more
- Airplay on BBC Radio 6, KCRW, Sublime NL, beachfm Japan, etc.
- Featured on Deezer's Focus & lofi umami editorials
- Support on TIDAL's Mix da Samana, Office Rotation, Redaktionsfavoriten & more
- Supported in numerous independent playlists, including ZARA Home, H&M, Digster, MrSuicideSheep, etc.
- Collaborations with Pip Millett, Noah Slee, Falle Nioki, and James Alexander Bright (as Feiertag)