“Fragments” is about a nostalgic feeling about my youth, where I go back without thinking of tomorrow. No computers, no phones. I guess it’s a feeling a lot of people long for every once in a while. I tried to describe this feeling in an easy-going musical piece. When I made the beat I felt like there was a piece missing and therefore I got to use the vocals of the talented Dutch soul singer Leonard Luka, who brought it all together.
The Signs EP contains the first couple of tracks I produced as Alexander IV. It’s inspired by a lot of nu-jazz and hip hop artists of today, like for example Edapollo and Moods, combined with my older love for artists such as Kruder & Dorfmeister. I tried to combine my love for hip hop drums with timeless vocal samples to give it a unique character. Most of the vocals samples come from friends like singer/songwriters Noah Avery and Leonard Luka.”
[ Key Achievements ]
- Feiertag was featured on FIFA ’22
- added to 150+ editorials on Spotify, including Brain Food, Feel Good Dinner, young & free, BUTTER, and more (as Feiertag)
- new moniker Alexander IV received tremendous support in Spotify’s lofi beats, Gold Instrumental Beats, Chillhop, Feel Good Beats + on Apple Music’s The Lounge & Sunkissed
- supported in 200k+ independent playlists from curators like Spinnin’ Records, Chillhop Music, ZARA Home, H&M, Digster, MrSuicideSheep, etc. (as Feiertag)
- over 15M streams on Spotify (as Feiertag)
- 4M+ streams on Apple Music (as Feiertag)
- 1M on Amazon Music – featured on editorial playlists like Instrumental Chill, Neon Chill, Fresh Electronic & more (as Feiertag)
- live drummer of Kraak & Smaak
- previous releases with Majestic Casual, Chillhop, Last Night On Earth, Boogie Angst & Sonar Kollektiv (as Feiertag), and with KICKER/Hip Dozer & Sonar Collective (as Alexander IV)
- Feiertag’s previous collaborations are with Pip Millett, Ayelle, Oli Hannaford, and James Alexander Bright
[ Praise ]
- “an impressive collection of musical greatness” – We Plug Good Music
- “a leading name within the electronic music sphere” – Worldwide FM
- “Joris Feiertag planned to shoot for the moon” – Sidekick Music
Alexander IV – Signs EP
[ Genres ]
instrumental hip hop, boom bap, soul
[ Similar Artists ]
Poldoore, Moods, Kraak & Smaak
[ Release Info ]
Established Dutch producer Joris Feiertag continues the exciting journey of his new hip hop moniker Alexander IV, after already being active under his electronica alias Feiertag and as the drummer of electronic funk & soul outfit Kraak & Smaak.
As Alexander IV, Joris goes back to his roots and uses the moniker to express his love for hip-hop, jazz, funk & soul. Working with his extended family of renowned musicians, plus using his background as a professional drummer he has recently locked himself in the studio, resulting in the first few projects under the new name – including his highly acclaimed debut single “Don’t Walk Away” and “Perspective” (via Stereofox) – supported on Spotify’s Chillhop & Apple’s The Lounge; an EP via KICKER/Hip Dozer (supported on Spotify’s lofi cafe & Gold Instrumental Beats) and a few singles via Sonar Collective (featured on lofi beats on Spotify).
Now, the Dutch producer finalizes the chapter that started with his debut Alexander IV release – “Don’t Walk Away”. The 4-piece Signs EP, including both previous Stereofox singles, showcases 2 more marvelous soul-inspired boom bap pieces – “Fragments” & “Signs”. Keeping his unique, vintage-inspired style, in this project Joris takes us on a sweet trip down memory lane.
[ Artist Bio ]
Alexander IV is the new moniker of established electronic producer Feiertag.
Feiertag is the alter ego of Dutch producer & live-act Joris Feiertag. Recording and performing since 2015, his sound can be described as electronic yet warm, and with a preference for innovative syncopated rhythms combined with fragments of instruments such as the harp and kalimba. Feiertag’s ability to challenge both his electronic music and drumming skills create an intense and dynamic live performance which he has demonstrated on stages such as Down The Rabbit Hole, Pitch Festival and the Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE).
His music has been released on tastemaker labels such as Majestic Casual, Chillhop, Last Night On Earth, Boogie Angst & Sonar Kollektiv and includes collaborations with talented artists such as Pip Millett, Ayelle, and James Alexander Bright.
He released this debut album ‘Time to Recover’ on Jazzanova’s label Sonar Kollektiv and his track ‘Trepidation’ got featured in the FIFA ’22 game.