Mecca:83 (real name Evan Jones) has been knee-deep in vintage drum machines, camera lenses and dusty records for close to two decades. Honing a production style that blends deep jazz samples and a healthy amount of live instrumentation, The Guardian called his music “an ethereal, jazzy take on boom bap, equal parts Air’s Moon Safari and Minnie Riperton circa her work with Rotary Connection.” Evan has worked with the likes of Gallant, Tom Misch, Jneiro Jarel and Handbook to name a few, with features on labels such as Warner Brothers & Chillhop Records and editorials like Apple’s BEATstrumentals & Spotify’s lofi beats & Jazz Vibes.
In addition to his recorded output, he has also produced music workshops in the UK & Europe, hosted a weekly radio show, and founded the Expansions Collective record label. “Ascent” is his debut on Stereofox Records.
- Has collaborated with artists like Tom Misch, Gallant, Handbook
- Featured on The Guardian
- Spotify support on lofi beats, Jazz Vibes, lush lofi & more
- Featured on Apple Music’s BEATstrumentals, Lo-Fi Chill & more
- Airplay on BBC, NTS Radio & more
- Does music workshops across Europe