“Before 2020, there was so much movement around me that I would forget to stand still and take a moment to breathe. This past year has been a giant breather from my dynamic life. I made this song to reflect on this new slow-moving, long-lasting stillness.”RINZ.
“Channeling […] emotions into a beautiful work of art is truly therapeutic.” (Rick Rubin)
This is a very defining quote in RINZ.’s work. His creativity is fueled by his feelings and his music is an emotional outlet. This can be heard in the vibrant conversations between the guitar and piano sequences in his songs. And his new song, “Static Second”, is an absolute apotheosis of this.
In his first Stereofox Records release, he tried to create a sense of nostalgia and tension by combining organic elements and static noise sounds, all laid out with captivating beats. The ‘static’ sound in the intro and the eventual drop with soothing Rhodes represent a zoning out moment, a sense of hovering.
We sincerely hope this track will bring you peace. And would also remind you to take things easy sometimes – even if it’s just for a second.
RINZ. started his instrumental hip-hop journey in 2017 and since then hasn’t shied from impressing with his knack for well-balanced and touching compositions. Having surpassed 60M streams across platforms, he continues crafting beautiful guitar-driven lofi to channel his emotions into his art.
- 80M+ streams across DSPs
- Featured numerous times on Spotify’s editorial playlists, such as Jazz Vibes, lofi beats, and Focus Flow
- Added to Apple Music’s BEATstrumentals, Pure Focus, LoFi Chill & more
- Featured on Deezer's chill lofi and study lofi editorials
- 200k+ independent curator playlists and support from curators like The Jazz Hop Café, Retro Jungle, and Steezyasfuck
- Collaborations with renowned artists like Glimlip, DESH, Hoffy Beats, Louk (Soul Food Horns)