“I make West Coast boom bap almost all the time but I’ve always wanted to try something out of the box, so Greenery EP is what a non-hip-hop Low Heat would sound like.”
[ Key Achievements ]
- supported on BBC Radio 1, CLASH Magazine, KCRW, RINSE.FM
- featured on Apple Music’s BEATstrumentals, Creative Focus, New in Electronic & Vida Relax
- featured on TIDAL’s New Music
- added to nearly 3k independent playlists
- supported by curators like Retro Jungle, Hip Dozer, CloudKid, Sidekick Music, Ryan Celsius, mädmäx, Vinyl Digital, Klangspot, etc.
- 14k subscribers on his YouTube channel for Ableton production tutorials & equipment reviews
- took part in S!X Music’s charity compilation YOUkraine – Together in Peace, alongside artists like Flitz&Suppe, Tesk, Living Room, LESKY, JK Soul & more
- interview on Echo Room
- 1M streams on all DSPs
- endorsed by Native Instruments & partnership with DistroKid
- music production teacher in renowned Sound Ninja Music Academy, Sofia
Low Heat – Greenery EP
[ Schedule ]
July 4th – “24K Light”
July 19th – Greenery EP
[ Genres ]
future beats, electronic
[ Similar Artists ]
The Kount, Madlib, Galimatias
[ Artist Bio ]
Low Heat is a beatmaker, raised in Bulgaria’s second-biggest city Plovdiv and now residing in the capital of Sofia.
One of the most experienced and renowned producers in Bulgaria, Low Heat crafts a special blend of cosmic hip-hop, abstract beats & modern funk, often inspired by the West Coast and its synth-heavy sound. He spends his days working on instrumentals, teaching music production in the acclaimed Sound Ninja Music Academy, and making tutorials for his YouTube channel.
Low Heat was part of the country’s first beat compilation called Bulgarian Beat Wave vol.1 – supported by BBC Radio 1, CLASH Magazine, KCRW, RINSE.FM & more. He also took part in S!X Music’s charity compilation YOUkraine – Together in Peace, alongside artists like Flitz&Suppe, Tesk, Living Room, LESKY, JK Soul & more. Low Heat’s also collaborated with numerous artists, including famous local rapper Grigovor, r&b singer Lina Nikol & hip hop artist Note the Rydah.
[ Release Info ]
A tribute to the blooming nature and the long days at the end of spring.
The fascinating Bulgarian producer Low Heat delivers a new out-of-the-box EP called Greenery which shows him in a new light. The 5-track installment takes a more future beats & electronic turn, as opposed to his previous West Coast hip hop projects (which amassed more than 300k streams from independent curators – Hip Dozer, Retro Jungle, CloudKid, etc.) – while still keeping his signature synth-heavy but smooth production.
The first single “24K Light” will seduce you with its dreamy vocal samples, balanced out by fat basslines and captivating future beats. The title track features Low Heat’s signature pulsating synths and the most surprising twist comes with “Super Fly” – an upbeat 4-on-the-floor piece with those chimes we love so much. “Challenge” & “Secret Place” serve as the perfect ease-out of Greenery EP – slower jams but with magnificent percussion groove and hazy samples.