“This release is the result of my love for many vintage genres, including oldschool instrumental hip-hop from Nujabes and J Dilla, Soul vinyls, Japanese City pop, and more. In my view, a lot of the attitude and vibes of hits in these genres are timeless, and I tried to capture even a sliver of that with these songs. I used a lot of Soul sampling and chopping, along with analog basses to create a retro feel.”kyoshi
Exciting up-and-coming producer kyoshi returns for his 4th Stereofox release (after “balcony” skyrocketed on lofi beats & the debut project amassed 300K on Spotify without an editorial)
The double single sweet nights / what i wanted takes a more boom-bap turn than his previous lofi projects. 2 songs majestically blending soulful samples, jazzy keys, warm trumpets & guitars on top of classic head-nodding hip hop beats.
Having a happy place you can mentally visit during times of uncertainty can be a really effective gateway to calmness. For Vancouver-based music producer kyoshi, this becomes reality in the form of lo-fi hip-hop.
- 15М+ streams across DSPs
- Added to 30 Spotify editorials – lofi beats, lofi sleep, lush lofi, lofi + chill, Chill Instrumental Beats & more
- Featured on Apple’s LoFi Chill, LoFi Sunday, Peaceful Focus, Creative Focus, LoFi Japan
- Interview on UK blog A.Room
- Supported on TIDAL’s New Music
- Added to 19k+ independent playlists