“With this track, I really wanted to capture a feeling of serenity and calm. I used a conceptual metaphor of floating or flying above the clouds to represent an escape from grounded reality into that place of serenity.
I wrote the chords as pretty as I could and used lush and rich sounds to accompany them. In the end, what I think really sold the feeling of flying above the clouds were the piano runs, which gave the feeling of being “above” the rest of the track.“kyoshi
Topped up by piano runs that will make you feel lighter than air and underlined with mellow lofi beats & shakers, this song will evoke calmness & serenity and can easily make you fly if you just close your eyes and listen.
Having a happy place you can mentally visit during times of uncertainty can be a really effective gateway to calmness. For Vancouver-based music producer kyoshi, this becomes reality in the form of lo-fi hip-hop.
- 15М+ streams across DSPs
- Added to 30 Spotify editorials – lofi beats, lofi sleep, lush lofi, lofi + chill, Chill Instrumental Beats & more
- Featured on Apple’s LoFi Chill, LoFi Sunday, Peaceful Focus, Creative Focus, LoFi Japan
- Interview on UK blog A.Room
- Supported on TIDAL’s New Music
- Added to 19k+ independent playlists