“I was dealing with the loss of my father while making the song. The main pitched-up vocal melody is a recording of me singing in my childhood bedroom, just a few feet from where my father passed away. I think you’ll hear the pain in the melody. Jives and I had been talking online and realized we had a lot of similar production techniques. He really helped bring the song together, and our shared sounds are reflected by the fact that we are ‘kindred spirits’ even though we have yet to meet.”
“I have been a big fan of HOUNDTRACK for a while now making the production of this track a dream. We really bonded over our similar approach to music and cranked this track out despite living in different states.”
[ Key Achievements ]
- both artists have been featured on Spotify’s lofi beats
- previous HOUNDTRACK releases with Stereofox Records amassed over 5M streams across platforms
- HOUNDTRACK was also featured on >15 other Spotify editorials like Brain Food, Lounge – Soft House, Electronic Focus, etc., on Apple Music’s Pure Focus, Today’s Chill & Morning Focus, and on Anghami’s editorial New Lo-Fi
- jives was supported on Spotify’s Aesthetic Lofi, Quiet Hours & Pixel Garden editorials, as well as on Apple Music’s BEATstrumentals, The Lounge & Pure Focus
- HOUNDTRACK’s “Cul de Sac” was played on BBC Radio 1
- supported by over 75k independent playlists combined, including curators like NEOTIC, Rammor, Sidekick Music, freshgoodies, Homework Radio, Soave, Electro Posé, The Jazz Hop Café, Hip Dozer & more
jives & HOUNDTRACK – kindred spirits
[ Genres ]
melodic bass, downtempo, future beats
[ Similar Artists ]
Laxcity, ford., weird inside, capshun
[ Artists Bio ]
HOUNDTRACK is an LA producer, inspired by ford., Laxcity, and weird inside. Each demo was first crafted in his childhood home, the same place where his first Stereofox release, “Cul de Sac” (currently at 3.5M across platforms) was born. Having played drums since age eight, Santa Barbara-native Scott Korchinski (HOUNDTRACK) has surrounded himself with music and production for over a decade, and the prowess gleaned from his experience shines on his previous Stereofox Records release – Untangle EP, which reached 2M across DSPs.
jives is a Salt Lake, UT-based producer who creates beautiful lofi-inspired beats with peculiar sound design. Creating music since 2010, his style evolved throughout the years with each epoch reflecting different stages in his life and his experiences at this time.
[ Release Info ]
A heartwarming blend of downtempo electronica & future beats that will touch your soul.
Jives & HOUNDTRACK share a love for peculiar production techniques and “kindred spirits” is the climax of their chemistry. Made while dealing with the loss of a father, the song carries pain & melancholy but also hopefulness in its pitched vocals, rich drum section, and synths.
HOUNDTRACK’s signature melodic bass approach shines through here, as well, having won the hearts of millions of listeners with his highly-acclaimed previous releases “Cul de Sac” & “Afterglow”.