“Don’t Walk Away” is about if you love somebody, you just have to go for it and dedicate yourself. A micro love song so to say. The ‘If You Want My Love’ vocal line comes from singer/songwriter (and friend) Noah Avery, giving the track a nice little vintage vibe. The saxophone is played by Koen Boeijinga and completes it.”
[ Key Achievements ]
- featured on FIFA ’22
- 50 editorials on Spotify, including Brain Food, Feel Good Dinner, young & free, BUTTER, and more
- supported in 164k independent playlists from curators like Spinnin’ Records, Chillhop Music, ZARA Home, H&M, Digster, MrSuicideSheep, etc.
- over 11M streams on Spotify
- 3.7M streams on Apple Music
- nearly 1M on Amazon Music – featured on editorial playlists like Instrumental Chill, Neon Chill, Fresh Electronic & more
- live drummer of Kraak & Smaak
- releases with Majestic Casual, Chillhop, Last Night On Earth, Boogie Angst & Sonar Kollektiv
- collaborations with Pip Millett, Ayelle, Oli Hannaford, and James Alexander Bright.
Alexander IV – Don’t Walk Away
[ Genres ]
instrumental hip hop, boom bap, soul
[ Similar Artists ]
Poldoore, Moods, Kraak & Smaak
[ Artist Bio ]
Alexander IV is the new moniker of established electronic producer Feiertag.
Feiertag is the alter ego of Dutch producer & live-act Joris Feiertag. Recording and performing since 2015, his sound can be described as electronic yet warm, and with a preference for innovative syncopated rhythms combined with fragments of instruments such as the harp and kalimba. Feiertag’s ability to challenge both his electronic music and drumming skills create an intense and dynamic live performance which he has demonstrated on stages such as Down The Rabbit Hole, Pitch Festival and the Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE).
His music has been released on tastemaker labels such as Majestic Casual, Chillhop, Last Night On Earth, Boogie Angst & Sonar Kollektiv and includes collaborations with talented artists such as Pip Millett, Ayelle, and James Alexander Bright.
He released this debut album ‘Time to Recover’ on Jazzanova’s label Sonar Kollektiv and his track ‘Trepidation’ got featured in the FIFA ’22 game.
[ Release Info ]
Established Dutch producer Joris Feiertag embarks on an exciting journey under new moniker Alexander IV. Already being active under his electronica alias Feiertag and as the drummer of electronic funk & soul outfit Kraak & Smaak, Joris is not new on the scene.
As Alexander IV, Joris goes back to his roots and uses the moniker to express his love for hip-hop, jazz, funk & soul. Working with his extended family of renowned musicians, plus using his background as a professional drummer he has recently locked himself in the studio, resulting in the first couple of tracks that will now see the light.
Debut single “Don’t Walk Away” encapsulates his love for the warm sound – bright keys, guitars & brass, vintage vocal lines & a captivating drum groove. The song was written by Joris, Noah Avery and Eric Brugmans, and with saxophone from Koen Boeijinga.